Message from Hopi-Tewa Community Movement :
As news of the COVID-19 virus posing a risk to our local and neighboring communities, HTCM will continue to do its best to distribute accurate information in a timely manner.
As a community resource, we will be providing the following information and resources:
- Frequent updates on our front page
- Updates on our Facebook page Hopi-Tewa Community Movement
- Resources from CDC, recommended practices and more information on preventing the spread of the coronavirus as it is commonly referred to as.
- A single page of Facebook feeds from organizations and schools to refer to for individual information
- Village information as it is shared with us
We will update and make these available as they are developed. HTCM asks that our community continues to be a proactive and empowered community, utilizing our traditional upbringing and views in how we address these recent events. As a community and as Hopi, this will be a test of perseverance and suminangwa – consider each other’s safety and health. Take care of our elders and as we move forward – how we approach this and put into action will be a valuable lesson for generations to come.